A basic understanding of the Medi-Cal asset protection process and educating Americans about long-term care costs is crucial for all professionals who work with seniors and their families. This seminar will provide an overview of asset protection concepts and strategies that elder law attorneys can use to legally and ethically protect assets while facilitating earlier Medi-Cal eligibility.
Get the Latest on Medi-Cal Application and Asset Planning Tactics.
- Learn income eligibility requirements when applying for Medi-Cal
- Know exemptions to protect your clients' interests
- Employ most practical and effective asset transfer methods to comply with the spend-down retirement
- Explore crisis planning methods to restore Medi-Cal benefits ASAP
- Guide clients through the Medi-Cal qualification process
Who Should Attend
This basic level seminar is designed for:
- Nursing Home Administrators
- Social Workers
- Geriatric Care Managers
- Trust Officers
- Accountants and CPAs
- Estate and Financial Planners
Agenda / Course Content
- 9:00am - 10:00am | Applying for Medi-Cal - The Four Eligibility Requirements - Presented by Heather R. Chubb from The Chubb Law Firm
- 10:15am - 11:15am | Pre-Need Asset Planning - Presented by Heather R. Chubb from The Chubb Law Firm
- 11:15am - 12:15pm | Crisis Planning and Assistance
- 1:15pm - 2:15pm | Trust-Based Medi-Cal Planning in Detail
- 2:15pm - 3:15pm | Using Special Needs Trusts - Sample Trust Review
- 3:30pm - 4:30pm | Applied Legal Ethics
For more details and how to register, click the button below.