The security of your Golden Years is never something to leave to chance. Now more than ever, seniors need help understanding the resources and tools available to them to help secure their independence and pay for long-term care needs during the later stages of life.
In this easy-to-understand workshop, attorney Heather Chubb teaches seniors and their loved ones how to best prepare for long-term care by revealing:
- The top 7 legal and financial strategies that will help guarantee that you are cared for by only the people you want, in a way you want, (without spending all of your money or your family’s inheritance!) should you become sick or incapacitated and require nursing home, assisted living or in-home care.
- Unexpected ways to pay for care you may need in the future without burdening the people you love or losing the family home after you are gone.
- Common mistakes that can cost your family a TON of time, money and stress if you don’t equip them with the right legal tools and “authority” they need to manage your affairs and speak on your behalf if something happens to you.
- Discover how having “tough” conversations with your loved ones NOW is the missing link to protecting your independence…and how you can start them in an honest, straight-forward and loving way.
- The six common mistakes seniors make when using trusts….and how to ‘undo’ those mistakes if you have made one.
- How to ensure your current will, trust or other estate planning documents won’t FAIL (which they do 99% of the time, even when drafted by lawyers) when your family needs them the most.